KOHLER ARCHITECTS INC. provides a complete architectural service from project concept to the completion of construction. These services include:
Beginning with our initial consultation where client goals, objectives, and hopes for the project are established, our comprehensive, total design effort includes:
- Site issues ... soils, topography, boundaries, placement.
- Design studies ... floor plans, elevations, neighborhood factors, massing.
- Final design ... materials, appliances, fixtures, cabinets, options, etc.
Our services include the public design review and approval process – which can vary from community to community. As a member and three time chair of Palo Alto’s Historic Resources Board, Roger Kohler has a special understanding of and expertise in the area that makes the process easier and more assured of success.
We prepare all necessary construction documents, which may include: site plans, grading and drainage plans, pollution prevention sheets, dewatering plans, flood zone-related sheets, tree protection measures, city standards, Title 24 analysis, existing conditions/demolition plans, dimensioned floor plans, various schedules, floor area work sheet, reflected ceiling plan, exterior elevations, architectural details, building cross sections, roof plan, various code-related calculations, electrical plan, interior elevations (all rooms and cabinets), foundation plans, framing plans, structural detail sheets, and specifications.
Our services include management of all aspects of the architectural effort, including:
- Coordination with other project professionals ... work with civil, geotechnical, and structural engineers, energy consultants, and landscaping, interior design, lighting, and other professional services.
- Public approvals ... attend public meetings, submit plans and obtain governing agency approvals and required permits plus any special considerations.
- Coordination with contractor ... meet with contractor to review all plans, observe construction.